Re: Sign of the times?

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 19:00:54 PST

    Jere Retzer wrote:

     >I hope this doesn't hurt any egos but I've created several successful
    e-mail discussion groups on groups.yahoo.com and not one of them has
    been spammed in a year.  Of course, using them means that you have to
    put up with the little advertisements but I think the convenience--and
    security--is worth it.

    That's just your good fortune. Yahoo groups and clubs are quite capable
    of being spammed.  But they are convenient for setting up quick & dirty
    mailing lists if you don't have a server of your own.

    My main comment on CRIME is that it should switch from Majordomo (which
    is a pain in the ass to manage) to Mailman (which is much easier to
    manage, and has excellent spam control options).

    Crispin

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.