Re: Sign of the times?

From: Mark Morrissey (markem@private)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 21:05:05 PST

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > My main comment on CRIME is that it should switch from Majordomo (which
    > is a pain in the ass to manage) to Mailman (which is much easier to
    > manage, and has excellent spam control options).

    I assume, at this point, that Crispin is volunteering Wirex to host
    CRIME? PSU has deep experience with majordomo and I can say with pretty
    good authority that the CRIME list doesn't cause any pain to the support
    group.

    If whoever is the owner of CRIME wants to make it a closed list, well,
    that would stop *some* spam. If they also want to make it so that the
    owner has to approve all subscriptions, well, that won't stop all spam now
    will it?

    sigh. politics.

    --mark
    ---
    Mark Morrissey			markem@private
    "nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"