RE: CRIME Kudos to Acting Police Chief Andrew Kirkland

From: FARRIMOND Ronald K (Ronald.K.Farrimond@private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 07:34:02 PST

    Crispin and Andrew, your responses to Ron don't address the main point of
    Ron's comment which is that the Portland police are misapplying this law.
    As Ron said, if they were to interpret this law the same way that they are
    interpreting it in this situation, they wouldn't be able to question anyone
    about a crime other than the criminal if they could find them with out
    talking to anyone else.  How does the Portland police department have the
    right to pick and choice when they want to abide by this law...assuming that
    it should be interpreted the way the Portland police department has decided
    it should be applied in this situation???

    Ron