Re: CRIME Archive of list on the web

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 11:16:48 PDT

    nospam22@private wrote:

    >>Let go of your "feelings of control" over your email
    >>address, unless you
    >>want to just filter on everyone you do not know in
    >>
    >the first place.
    >
    >Good point.  I completely agree.  However, I reserve
    >the right to inform folks that their formerly
    >pseudo-private emails are now available via Google and
    >complain to the person <jwa@private> who felt it
    >was okay to put up the archive without asking anyone.

    I have no problem at all with the list archive. I don't believe that any
    permission was needed to create an archive. Anyone who postd a message
    to this (or any similar) mailing list with any expectation of privacy is
    clueless, and gets what they deserve. As Greg said, unless you
    personally know everyone on a list, treat it as if it is archived,
    because it very likely is.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.