Re: CRIME Archive of list on the web

From: James W. Abendschan (jwa@private)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 01:05:57 PDT

    On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Scott Elam wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I don't recall being informed that this list was being publicly
    > archived.  I
    > personally don't want it to be, as my email address is now being snarfed
    > by spammers.  Also, you should be aware that all your posts are
    > available via google.  Just search on your email address.

    [ ... ]

    Unless things have changed while I haven't been paying attention
    (entirely possible), CRIME is a public list.

    I honour the quasi-standard 'X-No-Archive: yes' mail header, so if you
    add it to the headers generated by your MUA, you'll be excluded from the
    lists.jammed.com archives.  I also have no problem removing individual
    posts at the author's request.