RE: CRIME Archive of list on the web

From: Zot O'Connor (Zot_O'Connor@private)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 15:45:02 PDT

    1)  Read the thread all the way before replying!  There have been a
    number of questions asked when the answers were given.

    2)  InfraGard is technically a separate entity, however nothing is being
    done with the InfraGard program at the local FBI office at the moment.
    There is a variety of reasons for this.

    3)  While there is no expectation of privacy on any mail list (unless
    otherwise stated, many of ours have them), and therefore anyone can
    create an archive of the list, there is not expectation of publication.

    i.e. if I post something to a fully public place (USENET), I expect it
    to be published.  I think it is fair to expect that people are saving
    and/or archiving the CRIME list.

    Therefore I ask that no archives of the CRIME list be published without
    some form of protection (anonimizing/email munging), and that you
    announce those archives on the list periodically.

    I also would not expect anything that broadcast the list(s) to
    Google/Deja News.  That would have disastrous effects on the amount of
    spam we would receive (we survive with very little at the moment).
    I ask that any such mail->news gateways be closed, and cancel messages
    sent out to the news server.

    There is high value on the CRIME list.  One of the major factors is our
    openness, but another is our relative safe harbor.

    --
    Zot O'Connor

    http://www.ZotConsulting.com
    http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com