CRIME W32/Klez.H@mm question

From: T. Kenji Sugahara (sugahara@private)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 15:04:18 PDT

    Quick question for you folks about the Klez worm.  I'm wondering if any
    of you have come across any instances where the Klez worm has infected
    Apple OS X machines.  I've checked both NAI and SARC and they both seem
    to indicate that it is a windows only worm.  (unless there is a new
    variant)  I'm running OS X (root disabled of course) with a
    non-microsoft mail app and I've had a few e-mail bounces returned to me
    saying that they have quarantined documents that I sent them.  I have no
    recollection of sending e-mails to these individuals.  I checked my sent
    messages and ran a full updated NAV scan (sorry Jimmy ;)  ) both under
    OS X and OS 9.  Nothing.  I know the worm has the ability to spoof the
    From: field, but I've had bounces to two different e-mail addresses that
    I have.  Should I be worried or am I just paranoid?

    T. Kenji Sugahara
    Chief Operating Officer
    counterclaim
    Phone:  541-484-9235