Re: CRIME Earthlink strikes again...

From: John E Jewkes-AAA0OR-AAA0ID (aar0mi@private)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 18:13:17 PDT

    On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:07:12 -0700 "Brent Irwin" <birwin@private>
    writes:
    This is almost as good as having dead people registered to vote.
    B r e n t  I r w i n
    I n f r a s t r u c t u r e  M a n a g e r

            And not far from that possibility if you remember that the last
    'regular' session
    of the legislature proposed (although it was defeated this time) that
    along with the
    vote by mail system we currently are 'blessed' with, (the potential for
    fraud was not,
    apparently enough), so they wanted to add 'register by internet'. Raise
    your hand if
    somewhere on the internet you have ever seen people silly enough to put
    webpages
    that have their geneaological info on it to the point where they give you
    everything
    -BUT- their SSAN's......?? Okay, everyone can put their arms down,
    please, I forgot
    it was a hot day. ;-)
            Perhaps someone should come up with a system that requires a PIN
    to sign up
    for email and ISP services?? (The PIN would be similar to the Old 'SYTEK'
    plan:
    A Calculator specific to the Individual, based on their Birthdate,
    multiplied by a prime
    number divided by today's date it would use a 'personally selected' PIN
    code to get the
    'system' PIN code for the day. A 'blind' system on the other end would
    simply do a
    'yes' or 'no').

    John Jewkes, SMD US ARMY MARS
    Oregon/Idaho State Director