CRIME Identification Alternatives

From: T. Kenji Sugahara (sugahara@private)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 09:38:15 PST

    I was digging through the NIPC report and found an article that was
    really interesting.

    I know a lot of individuals would shy away from a nationalized ID
    system, but how about an idea proposed by the National Electronic
    Commerce Coordinating Council?  It proposes a "confederated" system in
    which Americans could use multiple identifiers for clusters of agencies
    and/or businesses.  "That advantage of this system over a national ID
    system is that no single identifier would follow an individual
    everywhere."

    The original article can be found at:
    http://www.fcw.com/geb/articles/2002/1209/web-id-12-10-02.asp