RE: CRIME Wiretapping WiFi

From: Curd, Bill (AZ75) (bill.curd@private)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 13:05:48 PDT

    Actually, the only thing Bill wrote was:

    My understanding from a prosecutor in the Arizona AG's office is that the
    2.4 GHz WiFi is not private because of the ISM frequency band used which is
    inherently public by FCC allocation.

    And, despite all that has been exchanged, I still doubt any warrant would be
    necessary for intercepting unencrypted 2.4 GHz band traffic -- any more than
    overhearing a loud conversation in a public place or listening to an AM-FM
    broadcast.  They are inherently public.