Re: CRIME Wiretapping WiFi

From: Alan (alan@private)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 12:02:51 PDT

    On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 15:31, Brian Varine wrote:
    > Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that terrorist groups
    > are involved in drug trafficking, simple fraud, and money laundering?

    I have heard the accusation often enough.  I have not seen enough data
    to show it as "fact".

    The people who have made the claims have also shown that they will make
    any claim, true or not, if it gets them what they want.

             alan at clueserver.org - alan at ctrl-alt-del.com

        "...new-fangled and artificial treasons have been the great
        engines by which violent factions, the natural offspring of
        free government, have usually wreaked their alternate
        malignity on each other...."
                      - James Madison in The Federalist No. 43,