Re: Preview in Encase (or other package) rather than image

From: Matthew.Brownat_private
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 09:15:35 PDT

    Pat

            I've heard success stories from members of this community that
    have done their time in court on the admittance of logical files and/or
    printed versions of such files, usually emails.  But, in the development
    of standards we have gotten away from logical file approaches in favor of
    processes that allow for repeatability.  A full image increases court
    confidence and can help if opposing counsel challenges your handling
    methods.

            I am confident that a large percentage of the members on this list
    will agree that chain of evidence handling and a full image of digital
    media are key in a national and international standard.

    Thanks,
    Matthew Brown, CISSP

    pat.beardmoreat_private
    07/03/2001 01:42 AM