boobytraps

From: Darren Welch (WELCHDat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 07:59:48 PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I want to set up a pc in my lab that has boobytraps and/ or logic bombs set (for boot or shut down). The intent is to design several traps that an investigator may encounter when making an acquisition in the field. The purpose is to recreate practical scenarios so that examiners have had face time with one of these types of traps, will recognize it working, and will follow proper procedure in order to preserve evidence. Does anyone know of canned scripts or software that can be install that will set up the above environment and/or written procedures for handling logic bombs aside from pulling the plug? Appreciate the help.

    Darren Welch
    Manager, Information Security
    Technical Applications
    150 N. Radnor-Chester Road