CD Burner Footprints

From: Ed Shirley (thewthrmanat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 06:32:40 PST

    At the moment I am working on a case which is alot
    like most of my work.  I am trying to figure out what
    a termed employee may have burned to CD to take with
    him when he left.  I have gotten lucky before and
    found where the guy had copied the files locally, or
    some other hard-to-miss/hit-you-over-the-head
    situation.

    This time, the guy had used NERO and copied it over
    the network.  I don't have alot of cooperation with
    on-site technical personnel on that end, so all I have
    is a the rig that the burner was installed on.  I have
    never worked with Nero either.

    It would be extremely helpful if I could find any sort
    of temporary layout file that would list what files
    were burned.  I am sifting through unallocated/slack
    space and may get lucky again.  I am though about 25%
    ofit and it ain't looking good.

    If anyone has any suggestions as to where this type of
    info might be hiding, by all means, drop me a line.

    Ed