RE: CD Burner Footprints

From: Oleg Kozitski (oreguat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 10:51:09 PST

    If you want to be sure for unchanged log files, you can use the
    (privileged) performance log and alerts from w2k & xp.

    a) diskperf -YD -YV
    b) add to "Trace Logs" a "Sequential Trace File" for "Disk IO" and
    "File Details" with "Manual Start" and "Stop log after 1 minute".
    c) add a 5 seconds triggered alert
    "\\COMPUTERNAME\Process(nero)\IO_Data_Bytes/sec" > 100000 which
    starts your "Performance Data Log" as an action.
    d) find a way to evaluate the binary logs

    windows will log almost all data transferred by nero. enough for
    evidence.

    I didn't tested this in detail, if you have managed to use it, please
    release a small report.

    oleg.