Re: Suggestions for research

From: Christian Kruggel (secadminat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 10:53:31 PST

    Hi Matthew!

    I'm not too involved into security-matters but to me there seems to be a
    lack of method. Examination of incedents mostly come post-mortem and are
    case-based. As far as i know there is only little *software* to detect
    anormal traffic.

    To me the many practical computer-related-problems boil down to the
    question whether you have got a suitable model to describe normal states
      and anormal ones.

    How about a statistic-focused phd about special kind of traffic that
    allows to predict that a network will face serious problems?

    Take care,

    Christian