Linux Swap Partitions

From: saliskorat_private
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 11:38:33 PDT

    New to forensics.... particularly in Unix/Linux...

    I have imaged the partitions on a problematic Linux box, ending up with,
    among other things, a swap partition. My question is:

    Is there any value to mounting and analysing a linux swap partition ? I
    attempted to mount and received an error, stating that the partition
    appeared to be a swap partition - which of course it was.

    If there is value in mounting and analysing, is there a particular -t
    parameter for mounting a swap file system? What should I be looking for
    once i get it mounted ?

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

    Rick