Re: Handling, possibly, encrypted data

From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka (mfrdat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 05:48:31 PDT

    Some great input from the Security Experts on this thread,
    I'd like add one more that, during one of my recent post penetration
    analysis I found a binary with only readable string which is:
     "burneye - TESO ELF Encryption Engine"
    making it obvious, that it is / appears to be a burneye encryped binary.

    The binary was named as apachex, haven't found anything like that on
    incidents or forensics, If anyone wants to analyse/reverse engineer it.
    Then email me.

    Regards,
    ---------
    Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

    Head of GemSEC / Chief Technology Officer
    Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
    web: www.gem.net.pk

    [ATTITUDEX.COM]
    http://www.attitudex.com/