Re: More info on dd? - tqr

From: Alvin Oga (alvin.secat_private-Consulting.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 14:34:55 PDT

    hi ya

    i think we're all saying the same thing...
    ( never intended to use tar to make a disk image/forensic copy )

    but was pointing out, that dd might have some problems with
    badblock, and i think that software can mark blocks as bad on
    the drives too .. otherwise, why bother with a bad-block check
    during formatting..  and yes.. the disk controller itself can also
    mark blocks as bad..

    have fun
    alvin