RE: encryption question

From: Ansel, Kenny L. (Sytex Contractor) (kenny.ansel.sytex@arrtc-exch.mccoy.army.mil)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 06:14:14 PST

     That doesn't sound like two factor authentication...anyway..

    You should NEVER 'tamper' with the original image!!  Always make an exact
    copy (with whatever you use that does the image bit for bit).  Then once you
    get the image...'tamper with the image'....this way the original is always
    'as is'.  This is very important for many reasons....one important reason is
    for the courts of law.

    Secondly, as far as getting key key to decrypt...yea, most OSs require you
    to be the admin.  There are always ways to become the administrator if the
    'real' admin is unavailable!!

    Kenny Ansel