Re: Retrieve deleted data from a mobile phone

From: \\BILL (opticfiberat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 12:00:14 PDT

    Those type of devices normally use flash type memory as opposed to magnetic
    media used for floppy disks and hard drives the difrence being that once a
    file is completly deleted it can still be recovered from magnetic media
    because of the ghost image of the data left on the media this however
    doesn't mean that data can't be recovered from flash type memory devices.
    "Normally" when you delete a file, be it pda, digital camera, or computer
    the only thing that's physically deleted is the file table entry saying the
    file exists. And so, data can be recovered from flash type memory by
    observing and analyzing the raw data on the storage medium. A quick search
    on google revealed several companies that specialize in recovering data from
    the flash cards and pdas(listed below)

    http://www.swstars.com/services/shipping/index.html
    http://www.drlabs.com/
    http://www.flash-card-recovery.co.uk/services.htm