Re: Program to wipe data from disk free space

From: Sebastian Schneider (sesat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 11:20:56 PDT

    On Saturday 09 August 2003 17:32, koxenrider@sol-biotech.com wrote:
    > To indulge my paranoia I wrote a little ANSI C program to write random
    > data to a drive.  I wrote it targeted toward Windows, but it should work
    > with minimal editing on any machine with an ANSI C compiler.  It can be
    > found at http://www.sol-biotech.com/code/wipeIt/wipeIt.c and I placed it
    > in the public domain.

    to make sure, that really no data could be reconstructed you should wipe
    this disk with special characters for several times.
    it's the same effect as writing to a video cassette containing a movie
    already. the data will be written to the tape but portions will still remain
    on the tabe though

    straightLiners IT Consulting & Services
    Sebastian Schneider
    Metzer Str. 12
    13595 Berlin
    Germany

    Phone: +49-30-3510-6168
    Fax: +49-30-3510-6169
    Mail: sesat_private

    Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich
    erhalten haben,
    Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
    gestattet.

    If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
    please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
    copying,
    disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
    forbidden.