Re: Using dd.exe to make forensic images of NTFS drives

From: Jim Zajkowski (jimat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 19:43:59 PDT

    On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 4:00 PM, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

    >>    # cd /dev; /dist/dev/MAKEDEV std
    >
    > Hi Jim, I didn't get the reason for the "MAKEDEV std" on the
    > above line.

    OpenSSH requires the /dev/random or /dev/urandom device nodes, neither
    of which are in the MFS freebsd root.  The makedev command creates
    those nodes.  If you don't create the nodes, you get a "PRNG not
    seeded" error from ssh.

    --Jim

    --
    Jim Zajkowski                http://www.jimz.net/pgp-pubkey.asc
    System Administrator  8A9E 1DDF 944D 83C3 AEAB  8F74 8697 A823 2113 5C53