RE: Speeds and feeds

From: Moser, Stefan (stefan.moserat_private)
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 04:06:45 PDT

    Bill,

    Looking at the equation from the firewall speed side I would also consider
    the Cisco PIX and FireWall-1 running on a Nokia switch.

    Looking at the Nokia, it has a couple of cool features like VRRP support
    and traffic shaping. So even if you'd still be forced to use multiple feeds
    for performance reasons, it might simplify your setup/eliminate the need
    for custom scripting etc. They're fairly cheap too. Obviously you kinda
    have to like Firewall-1....

    Just my $0.02

    -Stefan