Re: Re : Large scale scan of port 2401

From: Sevo Stille (sevoat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 05:40:03 PDT

    axess wrote:

    > 2401/tcp  cvspserver
    >
    > This port is used by AIX

    I'd be surprised if it were - it would make anon-cvs rather awkward to
    run on AIX, and that probably would have made it into public knowledge.
    This is the default port for CVS servers, anon included. And the number
    of the latter alone will probably outnumber the count of open AIX
    systems on the net by a magnitude or more...

    I'd expect 2401 scans to look for CVS rather than AIX. Have any new CVS
    exploits cropped up? Of course, people might just be looking for open
    accounts or public access to private archives...

    Sevo

    --
    Sevo Stille
    sevoat_private