RE: Nimda affecting HP LaserJet / JetDirect devices?

From: Richard.Grantat_private
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 12:42:07 PDT

    We have no less than 20 Lexmark printers that were infected. In every case
    they did not have up-to-date firmware. This started with Code Red and has
    continued with Nimda. There are some notible differences though, Code Red
    just started the printers sending out large quantities of packets. The Nimda
    infected machines are searching for Web servers. In both cases upgrading the
    firmware and restarting the printer has solved the problem. So far we have
    not had any of our HP's infected by Nimda as they were by Code Red. This is
    what we have found..