Re: Tracking down the still infected hosts

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 09:24:49 PDT

    Can I ask a question?

    According to Ryan Russell (who's been analyzing the
    worm code), Nimda doesn't honor redirects - it just
    checks the response it gets from a Web server to
    determine whether or not the server is vulnerable.
    It doesn't follow redirects.  So what does this
    actually accomplish?

    Isn't it possible that the Nimda traffic is going down
    because of the decaying growth curve of propagation?
    Or am I just missing something?

    confused -- tbird

    LogAnalysis: http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/log-analysis.html
    VPN:  http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html