RE: Forensics CD (was: Re: Strange Folder

From: Brian Taylor (btaylorat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 05:34:56 PDT

    I like some of the tools you have listed. Here is a batch file that I run
    when I think there is a potential comprimise or threat:

    time /t
    date /t
    fport
    netstat -an
    nbtstat -c
    pslist
    listdlls
    psloggedon
    time /t
    date /t
    doskey /history
    exit

    One important thing here is that I run this from a floppy that has a known
    good cmd.exe since I could never trust a cmd.exe
    on a comprimsed system. Additionally I write the resultant output file to
    the floppy so that the file system on the hard drive does not change and
    therefore contaminate your evidence. Obviously you can see that I work in a
    windows environment,
    I hope this was helpful.