Re: Web Defacement

From: Ricardo Castanho de Oliveira Freitas (rfreitas@english-quest.com.br)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 04:50:16 PST

    On Qui 13 Fev 2003 20:58, Michel Angelo da Silva Pereira wrote:

    Sorry to correct you but... being Brazilian also... I think I can!

    (being a ex- LDP-br translator I can tell that!)

    The original translation for the word "porra" is correct! Don't forget the
    context!

    Your translation will work out as an interjection, like those that you say
    when you step on dog "doo-doo" (easily found on streets! ;-)

    Your mileage may vary, though! ;-)

    So, the defacer's English is right!   Not his behaviour though....

    According to our legislation the great difference is that we don't "need" to
    have a specific law for electronic crimes, the closest match will do!
    As well as jurisprudence! Which at times is much 'stronger than the law"

    Meanwhile.... our legislators are working on a "more specific"  code!

    As long damage (of any kind) and losses are implied... the "generic code"
    (law).... will do the job!

    IANAL, though!

    regards,

    Ricardo Castanho

    > Here on Brazil we dosen't have laws about hacking, there is one project
    > on our congress to be approved, only problems with Credit Cards are more
    > investigated.
    > 	And the translation of the word "porra" is "shit" on Brazil.
    > Bye
    > HggdH wrote:
    > > "Esteve Aqui" means "Was Here".
    > > I did a quick search on them, and found
    > > http://www.brunopr.hpg.ig.com.br/index.htm, which might be Cybers Satans
    > > home page. I did not go deep -- it runs ActiveX (and I don't), but the
    > > "Guest Book" has, as first entry "Sat4an1c Br41n". There it is said
    > > he/she is 15 years old, and that he/she is the author of the web ("foi eu
    > > que criei porra!" -- "was I that created dammit"). As far as I can
    > > remember, the verb is slightly wrong...
    > > Now, since it seems this web page is part of a free service provided by
    > > www.hpg.ig.com.br, then you have one more Id to complain about --
    > > brunoprat_private
    > > Other entries show what might be a list of hacked pages, mostly .gov.xx.
    > > It is highly possible he/she is indeed 15 years old -- leaving traces
    > > everywhere, valid e-mail addresses, etc. I do not know about Brazil's
    > > laws on hacking, thou.
    > > ..hggdh..

    Linux user # 102240 => Machine # 96125 => Seti@home user
    http://counter.li.org/ & Get Counted!

    Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:04:00 -0200
     10:04am  up 5 days, 23:11,  6 users,  load average: 2.91, 3.04, 3.03
    FORTUNE'S FUN FACTS TO KNOW AND TELL:		#44
    	Zebras are colored with dark stripes on a light background.