Re: Weird Profile in Documents and Settings

From: Patrick R. Sweeney (patswat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 15:36:12 PST

    One thing to note when using HFNectChk - it won't tell you to get a new
    service pack, it will just tell you to get the patches applicable to the SP
    you have.  If you want to close all the known, published, and fixed holes
    (OK, if you want to do that there is a lot more than just patching involved)
    you usually need to update SPs, and sometimes even product versions.  Also,
    be aware of what applications HFNetChk scans, and which applications it does
    not.  (It does not scan the entire set of MS applications for which patches
    are available, nor does it scan every version of the products it does
    check.)

    -Patrick R. Sweeney
    http://boston.craigslist.org/bos/res/8484283.html