RE: California State Bill SB1386

From: Steve Zenone (zenoneat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 20:57:47 PST

    Hello,

    I appreciate the various replies that I've received. However,
    the fundamental question of what defines encryption, so far as
    SB1386 is concerned, is still unanswered. I've looked through
    other California State Bills and supporting documentation, all
    to no avail.

    Several "legal" folks have been asked about this. The answer
    remains unclear. July 1st isn't too far off (when the State
    Bill becomes operative).

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfihl1