Re: Possible Intrusion Attempt?

From: Lars Duesing (ldat_private-muenchen.de)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 01:10:53 PDT

    Hi Thomas, Hi List,

    > mimeDefang? Render to text any and all html mail? Add checks to
    > SpamAssassin (which destroys html mail when flagged as spam) ... There
    > are any number of ways to remove[1] html and just get content.
    >
    > The real question is, will users stand for the loss[2] of html email.
    >
    > Thomas
    >
    > [1] Well, just not render in a meaning full way.
    > [2] will they notice at all. Sometimes they don't.

    They will notice it - but mostly in commercial mails, as they use
    html-code and images heavily. But this mails are up to 75% not wanted.
    Whether this a good thing or bad thing.. You have to evaluate for
    yourself.
    I use SpamAssassin in conjunction with a comercial Anti-Virus-Scanner at
    the central mailgateway, and this combination is a quite good thing.
    (given that av-database is regularly - best daily - updated).

    Greetings,

             Lars