Re: A Comment from User Space

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 16:44:46 PDT

    >extern int errno, lsm_errno;
    >
    >   rc = some_syscall(...);
    >   if (rc) {
    >      if (errno = EPERM) {
    >	 lsm_perror(lsm_errno);
    >	 }
    >      else perror();
    >   }

    1. lsm_perror is inherently thread-unsafe (in contrast to perror).
    2. I don't want to be forced to support lsm_perror in my module.
       I'd prefer to ignore it's existence, and I don't really want it
       cluttering my policy code.

    Therefore, I propose that this be left up to individual modules to
    provide, or at least, that policy modules be free to do nothing whatsoever
    to support lsm_perror.