Re: Patch Acceptance Procedure

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 16:39:03 PDT

    * Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private) wrote:
    > richard offer wrote:
    >
    > > Can someone please help me understand what the policies and procedures for
    > > accepting patches into the tree are ?
    >
    > Currently, only Chris (who works the LSM project for WireX) and Greg (who
    > used to work for WireX, but is now on his own dime) have write access to the
    > BK tree.  The current ad hoc procedure is to convince one of  them that a
    > patch is appropriate.  This is rather more informal than I would like :-)

    Stephen Smalley also has write access to the repository.  I think the
    process is working fairly well, in general.  Some changes are obviously
    within the natural scope of our current context, and are no brainers
    to add in.  Others require some reasonable amount of hashing out on
    the list.  This is common for open source projects.