Re: Patch Acceptance Procedure

From: Casey Schaufler (caseyat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 16:56:22 PDT

    Greg KH wrote:

    > On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 03:55:03PM -0700, Casey Schaufler wrote:
    > > Greg KH wrote:
    > >
    > > > Personally, I have only rejected patches from 1 group (the audit
    > > > patches), and have gladly applied all others.
    > > >
    > > > So where is the problem?
    > >
    > > Err, do I really have to answer that one?
    >
    > Yes, if you have a problem with the work I have been doing on this
    > project, please let me know.  Without feedback, I have no idea if
    > someone doesn't like what I am doing, and hence, I will not change my
    > direction.

    We keep cutting down the amount of change we ask for to support
    our policy. Richard's last patch was quite small, but included
    fds, which some people don't see need for but which we have to
    have, really. I feels as if our policy requirements are
    being sacrificed in the name of "concensus", when in fact
    there is no serious objection, only that some others
    "don't see the need" for what we require.

    --

    Casey Schaufler				Manager, Trust Technology, SGI
    caseyat_private				voice: 650.933.1634