Re: Patch Acceptance Procedure

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 17:40:53 PDT

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Greg KH wrote:

    > Please, can we have some discussion about all of the recent network
    > patches that have been posted!  That would be constructive right now.

    First thoughts: nobody's really looked at this issue yet except the
    submitter, really.

    First look seems good, but it takes more time to get an in depth analysis.

    Since there's been no significant opposition, could it be considered the
    "best solution without significant opposition", for now?  That would get
    it into the next stable patch, let me and others play with it, and let us
    see if it "passes muster" in test applications.

    I vote "yay", pending possible future submissions to the "nay".

    > > thanks,
    >
    > greg k-h

    Thanks,
    J. Melvin Jones