Re: Making forward progress

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 10:43:46 PDT

    jmjonesat_private wrote:

    > I don't seek to "block" work.  What I seek to do is to impose upon the
    > minds of those coding that their hooks/fixes MAY end up being viewed in
    > the light of authoritative, and possible DAC-OUT authoritative.

    IMHO, the "DAC-out" plan doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.  I put the
    question to Ted just to get a definitive opinion.  Even if Ted does come back
    with "we don't care" (improbable) I still beleive that a solid majority of the
    LSM implementers are opposed to DAC-out.

    I think Richard Offer had it right when he suggested thinking about DAC-out for
    Linux 3.0.  If anything, IMHO, that's the earliest it would be considered.

    Caution: down that road lies Microkernels.  Linus hates microkernels.  Good luck,
    you'll need it :-)

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.