Re: Reasons for Inclusion

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 13:21:04 PST

    So, you're all saying that

    1) you've met every condition in Linus' original requirement (included the
    imbedded systems comment), 100% and without question.

    2) you're not willing to actually sell the patch on it's merits, beyond
    the assertion that it "meets a (differingly interprettable) statement by
    Linus"?

    Is Linux really that "ingrown", that two people make all the decisions?  I
    don't know Alan, but I would never believe that of Linus.  I truely think
    that, since the project is near v1.0, there are good reasons to discuss
    the viability of the solution in a "friendly environment"... before the
    LD's post questions similar to this mild one.

    WHY should this be included?  Except for "my friend" or "the master" says
    it might be accepted.  Linus (and probably) Alan listen to more voices
    than their own... this is Open Software!

    Or, can nobody write a paper that proves the merit?

    Gonna be a tough fight,
    If that's the case,
    J. Melvin Jones