Re: Reasons for Inclusion

From: Kurt Seifried (listuserat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 13:27:11 PST

    I don't understand this. is there some reason the patch should _not_ be
    included? I mean it's not like people have to use it, and in any event most
    people now run vendor supplied kernels which are nicely buyilt/trimmed/etc
    anyways.

    If it provides useful functionality to a lot of people (it does, especially
    with LIDS 2.0.0 and NSA SELinux moving to it) and doesn't fuck up the kernel
    tree, logic, etc., sounds ok for inclusion to me.

    Or maybe I just don't get it it. Whatever.

    If you really don't like it you can fork linux and do it your way.

    Kurt Seifried, kurtat_private
    A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
    AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574
    http://seifried.org/security/