RE: Regarding the Type Enforcement Licensing Discussion

From: Westerman, Mark (Mark.Westermanat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 11:02:00 PDT

    Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > Now lets just calm down. While that is possible, it is not
    > clear that is the case, and I dare say it is not even likely.
    > What's likely happening is that SCC geeks are having it out
    > with SCC legal, and they  don't want to say ANYTHING until
    > they can say something definitive. In this context, removing
    > the previous vague & confusing statement just seems responsible.
    >
    > Crispin

    What is vague or confusing about:
    "There will be no restrictions on the use of TE be the Linux
    open source community."

    Or

    "We will release source code for all the modifications to the
    existing kernel and for a general-purose security policy engine
    under the GPL"

    Which they did. That is what the NAI based there work on.

    Mark