Re: About Auditing ...

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 08:43:14 PDT

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:23:28 PDT, Casey Schaufler <caseyat_private>  said:

    > > Both were considered undoable for the 2.6 timeframe.
    >
    > The LSM consensus was that these were undoable.
    > A minority continues to disagree, but quietly.

    Well, I phrased it that way mostly because I'm convinced that *eventually*
    we're going to have to re-open that audit can of worms in some way, but I admit
    not knowing whether that's a 2.7 or 2.9 issue, or what shape it will eventually
    take - but as Linux gets more exposure in the "enterprise class", we WILL see
    bean counters asking if it's auditable.

    If anybody has a good way to convince a beancounter that "auditable" means
    "that subset which we can do easily", I'm all ears.. ;)