fact, fiction, nonetheless...

From: sween (sweenat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 18:17:46 PDT

    Is it true that, in the event of intrusion, the authorities will
    confiscate the machines to apply forensics to the logs etc.?

    Meaning: if I do not have a logging server available across nodes, and I
    report an intrusion that causes considerable damage, the authorities will
    toss my mission critical machines into a trunk and withold them evidence.

    So: if I had a logging server that centralized the logs, in the event of
    intrusion, the authorities would just confiscate IT... right?

    How accurate is this?

    --

     ---  -sween
    | M | http://www.modelm.org
     ---  "force feedback computing since 1984."