Re: [loganalysis] spotting failures

From: Corey Steele (CSteele@good-sam.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 06:15:22 PDT

    I presume you're referring to sending out a message when some remote system's syslog has been inactive for X seconds/minutes?  I haven't heard anything, but it wouldn't be too hard to write it... if one doesn't exist (as we shall soon find out on the list), then I'd be happy to help author one (or run it solo if no one else is interested.)

    Best Regards,
    Corey

    Corey J. Steele, Security Analyst
    Good Samaritan Society
    e-mail: csteele@good-sam.com
    voice: (605) 362-3899

    >>> "Tom Wright" <tomat_private> 08/14/01 06:10AM >>>
    Hi folks,
    Well I'm new to this but i've got enough servers and this list has inspired
    me to centralise all my logs. What I want to know is is there any anylsis
    software which can be configured to fire an alert when a message is not
    recieved within a specified time period?

    /~\ The ASCII			Tom Wright
    \ / Ribbon Campaign        mailat_private
     X  Against HTML              07957 355557
    / \ Email!