Re: [logs] NT Logs

From: Tycho Fruru (tycho.fruruat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 13:20:18 PST

    On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Tina Bird wrote:

    > It's not possible to centralize NT/2000 EventLogs
    > to a single server without commercial third-party
    > software.

    Actually we are already working on this part ...
    It seems we can get NT/2000 events without too many problems (besides the
    fact that they often contain little to no useful information at all) and
    dump them in a central database.

    see http://www.conostix.com/ipfc

    The NT event wrapper will automagically appear in the CVS version this
    week, but I thought to just let you know to avoid doing double work :-)

    > http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/messages/default.asp
    Good luck.

    Cheers,
    Tycho