Re[2]: [logs] Logging: World Domination

From: Richard Welty (rweltyat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 12:01:05 PDT

    On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:06:30 -0400 "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjrat_private> wrote:

    > Darren Reed wrote:
    > >The point of XML (here) isn't nesting, as such, but creating data
    > >that can be 'self describing' as well as being part of a bandwagon
    > >that a lot of people are already on...
    >
    > _English_ is self-describing, too!! ;)  We just call it a "glossary"
    > instead of a DTD. ;)

    well, yes. i think Darren's point is that whether we like XML or not (i'm
    no fan, myself), it's become expected in the community, so we're kind of
    stuck with it.

    if you propose something like this and don't use XML, the first question
    you're going to get will invariably be "why didn't you use XML?"

    richard
    --
    Richard Welty                                         rweltyat_private