RE: [logs] Please be aware of syslog-sec IETF group...

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulauat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 13:52:53 PDT

    On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Wright, Joseph G (Gregory), SOLCM wrote:

    > I am curious - where did you see this Tom? BEEP a protocol on the IETF
    > standards track, as is syslog-reliable, and as such I believe is open
    > to implementation by anyone. The BEEP implementation at beepcore.org
    > has a license <http://www.beepcore.org/beepcore/about_publiclicense.jsp>
    > which seems pretty much OSS compatible, and seems like it would be
    > even more commercial friendly than GPL.

    	The license used by beepcore is a Berkeley style license without
    the advertising clause. The license is compatible with GNU General Public
    License.

    	The GNU General Public License and the Berkeley license are
    all commercially friendly with some differences.

    	hope this helps.

    	adulau

    --
    			      Alexandre Dulaunoy -- http://www.foo.be/
      3B12 DCC2 82FA 2931 2F5B 709A 09E2 CD49 44E6 CBCD  ---   AD993-6BONE