RE: [logs] Please be aware of syslog-sec IETF group...

From: Wright, Joseph G (Gregory), SOLCM (josephgwrightat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 10:51:01 PDT

    I am curious - where did you see this Tom? BEEP a protocol on the IETF
    standards track, as is syslog-reliable, and as such I believe is open
    to implementation by anyone. The BEEP implementation at beepcore.org
    has a license <http://www.beepcore.org/beepcore/about_publiclicense.jsp>
    which seems pretty much OSS compatible, and seems like it would be
    even more commercial friendly than GPL.

    --
    J. Gregory Wright
    Senior Software Engineer