[logs] a small reminder

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 14:00:18 PDT

    whilst i'm enjoying the conversation about log formats and transport
    mechanisms, i feel obliged to point out that when i kicked off discussion
    #1 on the path to world domination, i was trying to build a list of events
    we'd like to see logged.

    as seems to be standard when we talk about logging, we have gone haring
    off after how to transport the data and how to parse the data and we've
    lost track of what bloody data we're after.  arguments about "could it be
    standardized" notwithstanding, sniff, sniff, surely >>someone<< out there
    has opinions about other things they'd like to see?

    yours in attempting to maintain my thread -- tbird

    "Wine is strong, the King is stronger, women are strongest, but TRUTH
              conquers all."
    -----     Inscription in the Rosslyn Chapel (near Edinburgh, Scotland)

    http://www.shmoo.com/~tbird
    Log Analysis http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html