[logs] Few questions on log analysis

From: Kai Michael Hoever (kai@private)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 04:49:33 PDT

Hi all,

I'm currently writing my degree dissertation on logfile analysis. I
was glad to find this list discussing this issue by professionals.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find much useful information about
logfile analysis itself, neither in the internet nor in books or
scientific papers. The books I found (e.g. Babbin et al: Security Log
Management) weren't very useful. Thus I contacting you to get some
answers:
Do you know any book, paper, link etc. where attack signatures in log
files are described?
Do you know any resource where log-entries are described and/or
classified?
Which books, papers etc. can you recommend about logfile analysis?

Thanks in advance,
Kai