Access a remote registry

From: BrainSCAN (bscanat_private)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 00:53:25 PDT

    Hello.

    I'm checking the security of a Windows NT server. I have first used Retina
    to get a general overview of the server, and it has discovered that the
    Guest user has access to the registry.

    As I'm not the kind of people who believes anything, and less if it comes
    froma program which can give a false alarm, I have tried to access the
    remote registry by myself using regedit, rededt32 and reg.exe from a W2K
    Pro, but with no luck. I have tried connecting after creating a null
    session, but it didn't work either.

    I could connect to other computers where I have Admin level, so it worked.
    How do I connect with Guest access? Is Retina wrong or I'm doing something
    wrong? How can I connect to a remote registry?

    Thanks in adavance.